7 Best Free Photoshop Filter Plugin Download Sites
Adobe Photoshop is an image modification tool and a great photo editor. Even with other cheaper and free alternative software, people still choose it over other options. Mainly because when you understand Photoshop, there is practically no limit to what you can do with images or photos even videos. Also read: 5 best free Photoshop alternatives However, if you are a novice user or have never used Photoshop, this software can be quite confusing. That’s where Photoshop filters can help you. Applying filters is a simple way to enhance your image without having to dig too deep and go into too much detail. So if you want to improve your photography and Photoshop skills but don’t want to spend too much time and effort doing it, start by learning about filters and the best places to get free Photoshop filters online in this article. What are Photoshop Filters? You may know how filters work from other photo filter apps, like Instagram or Snapchat. On the other hand, Photoshop is a bit more complex. If you’ve searched for free Photoshop filter plugins before, you’ll find actions, presets, overlays, and plug-ins. All of these tools improve the quality of your images, but filters are the easiest to use. Filter plugins can change basic image settings such as exposure or color tone and they cannot be modified any further. Other tools like actions or presets give you more control over individual settings, but they also make them less beginner-friendly. Where to Find Free Photoshop Filter Plugins? If you are not looking for heavy stuff and just want to have fun with your photos, filters are enough. There are many variations available and filter plugins can help you fix certain problems in your images, as well as bring artistic effects to them. Here are 7 of the best free Photoshop filter plugin download sites that can be a reference for you. Choose a filter tool that suits your needs. :
- Adobe Exchange It’s no surprise that the best place to get free Photoshop filter plugins and extensions is the Adobe website. They offer a wide variety of filters, actions, and plug-ins that can enhance the Photoshop user experience. The site offers a variety of options all of which are rated and reviewed by other users. For an easy search, make sure you select Photoshop in the View by product menu on the left side and Free in the filtering menu at the top of the screen. Visit the site
- Download.com Download.com features a wide selection of the best free Photoshop filters and plug-ins. Many of them are free or come with a free trial option. Filter plugins are available for Windows and Mac. You can check user ratings and reviews for each filter, as well as view its full specifications: developer information, download information, as well as filter popularity among site users. Visit site
- Richard Rosenman Advertising & Design Richard Rosenman Advertising & Design offers high quality free Photoshop filters and plugins that will help you make your images look more professional. The only downside is that they are only compatible with Windows and not Mac. This site offers both free and paid tools. To get free filters and tools, set the filtering menu for Freeware and Photoshop Plugins. Be sure to check out Photoshop’s Diffuse, Tiler, and Ascii Art filters. Visit site
- Imageomic Imagenomic only offers a few different but very good free Photoshop filter plugins. If you are looking for a filter that will take away all the work of portrait retouching, i.e. improve skin texture, smoothen tones, and remove imperfections, you will find a filter on Imagenomic that will do it for you automatically. Filter plugins are available for Mac and Windows. Visit site
- Harry’s Filters Via The Plugin Site Another plugin site has a great selection of free Photoshop filters and plugins. However, Harry’s Filter is the most impressive. It contains 69 Photoshop filters all available in one download. The site also offers other free Photoshop actions and extensions. Unfortunately, all of them are only available for Windows. To download something from this Plugin Site, fill out the download form and wait until they send you the link in an email before you get the free filter. Visit site
- Mehdi Plugins Mehdi Plugins is a site that specializes in free plugins and filters for Photoshop. All of them are Windows only, so Mac users can only use them via the Windows emulation software. While exploring the filters, you will find complete information about each filter, including specifications and sample images illustrating its use. This is a good site if you are looking for special effects filters, Vibrations 1.1, Kaleidoscope 2.1, Curves 3 in particular.
- MV’s Plugins is a site created by Martin Vicanek with a collection of Photoshop plugins and filters. Currently the site features 10 filters for image processing, all of which are free to download for Windows. MV’s Plugins filters may be less for professionals and will be more appealing to photography enthusiasts. One great example is the Wire Worm filter which helps you to remove wires from images or other long objects that might spoil the display.